Thursday, February 18, 2010

Light to my path (Ps. 119:105)

From my Journal on February 16, 2010 titled "The Blog that wasn't, YET!"

I ran 2.5 miles tonight after 8pm. Shortly into my 5 minute warm-up walk my beagle, Cowboy, ran up behind me under a street light and his shadow scared the mess out of me and then of course I scared him. So after I walked back home and made sure he was back in the fence (and changed my shorts) I got back to my walk then run. "That is all I am gonna say about that." (Forrest Gump 1994)

As I was running at I started thinking about the lights on the track/trail and how much confidence, faith and comfort I had in the light. But in the dark areas I did not feel confident or comfortable.

God's Word like those lights "is a Lamp unto my feet and a light to my path." Without its light and guidance in our life we cannot run the race of life well. If there had been potholes or rocks in my path in the dark places of my run I might have stumbled and injured myself. In life there will be obstacles we must cross, avoid or go through and without the light of God's Word we will surely stumble and fall.

On my run I also thought of my Grandfather, Alton Martin Gill, who lived to be 92 and overcame many obstacle in his long life. I will never forget his words when I moved to Virginia in 1989. "Just keep going" he said. Not meaning to move farther and farther away. But meaning to persevere when life gets hard, "KEEP GOING!" Those words have strengthened my heart, spirit and mind many times since.

Thank you Lord for my Grandad. And I will "Just keep going!" Join me won't you and let's keep going "Back to Mayberry."

No comments:

Post a Comment